[thelist] border-style and IE

Peter L. Sc hlueter peter.schlueter at pcadvocates.com
Sun Jul 2 14:03:10 CDT 2006

I have a problem with a Very simple site. http://www.undergroundrapcd.com .
Simple one page, no graphics, no floats, text only! But IE will not display
the {border-style: groove;} request. Firefox does. The site validates for
HTML and CSS. The CSS is as follows...
* {
	padding:0; margin:0;
	}

body {
	width: 100%;
	text-align: center;
	background-color: #cdc8c6;
	}
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, pre, blockquote, label, ul, ol, dl, fieldset,
address {
	margin:1em 5%;
	}
li, dd {
	margin-left:5%;
	}
fieldset {
	padding: .5em;
	}
#wrapper {
	width: 70%;
	border-width: 1.5em;
	border-style: groove;
	border-color: #000000;
	margin: 1em auto 0 auto;
	text-align: left;
	background-color: #ffffff;
	}
#wrapper p {
	width: 80%;
	text-align: center;
	font-weight: bold;
	font-size: 1em;
	}
#wrapper ol{
	margin: 5% 25%;
	font-size: 1em;
	font-weight: bold;
	}

I've Googled to no avail. My search terms may be wrong. This is not an
emergency. The client is happy I took time from the Holiday to do this small
page yesterday. However, this is the first time I've encountered this issue
so it must be in my CSS.
Anybody got a clue?
Pete