[thelist] border-style and IE

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Sun Jul 2 19:52:33 CDT 2006

Message from M. Seyon (7/2/2006 08:37 PM)

>Message from Peter L. Sc hlueter (7/2/2006 03:03 PM)
>
> >I have a problem with a Very simple site. http://www.undergroundrapcd.com .
> >Simple one page, no graphics, no floats, text only! But IE will not display
> >the {border-style: groove;} request. Firefox does.
>
>Hi Pete,
>
>I could be wrong, as I also couldn't find any supporting evidence, but I
>vaguely remember that IE doesn't support some of the border-style
>properties and groove may be one of them.

Allow me to recant this statement in favour of another.

I've done some more research and I found one obscure page that states
"Some of the 3D effects (such as groove) are only displayed if you define a
color that is not black." [0]

So I gave that a try and it does indeed work in IE. Maybe you can use a
dark grey border instead of solid black?

[0] http://en.selfhtml.org/css/eigenschaften/rahmen.htm

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/