[thelist] CSS Issue IE vs Firefox

Gunlaug Sørtun gunlaugs at c2i.net
Wed Jul 5 19:48:52 CDT 2006

Chris Dempsey wrote:
> Looks like I have some reading to do as I've not seen:
>
> height:auto!important;
>
> before.

Well, you shouldn't use that style "for real" :-)

It was just a quick override I used for testing - enforcing the
default-value for 'height' on divs so I didn't have to comb through the
entire stylesheet and delete every single 'height: value' you had in
there. I leave that to you.

There were a few disturbing 'height: value' on "non-div" block-elements
too that should also be removed.
Alternatively: make sure only IE6 (and older IE/win-versions) can see
those 'height: value', as that bugger may occasionally need them as
'hasLayout'[1] triggers to "fix" other layout bugs. I didn't check if
you needed any such "fixes".

	Georg

[1]http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html
--