[thelist] DVD / video

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Fri Jul 7 11:21:18 CDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 09:16 -0600, Bob Meetin wrote:
> I have a client who has investigative videos which she wants made
> available to the public online.  They are typically 10-15 minutes in
> length.  They are currently in .vob format.  I need to find out 1) what
> format they need to be converted into to be made web ready, 2) what
> tools will I need and conversion steps, and 3) what will I need to set
> up on her site (what presentation medium, etc) so that her clients can
> view them.
>
> If anyone can point me to a good tutorial that would work.  -Bob

To add to what has been sent already, just had a meeting yesterday
morning with a company that has about 300 vids of a TV show they
produced and other clips of various lengths to put up, and their
research showed Flash to be the best ROI as well.

For managing them on the web they went with a service that provides the
disk space, bandwidth and file management in one place and have pretty
much settled on Drupal hosted elsewhere (moi hopefully of course :-) for
user/membership management etc.. New company to me but the client has
done a good deal of TV and video work, so YMMV, caveat emptor etc:
http://www.brightcove.com/

--
cheers,

        Mark