[thelist] Apache configuration question

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 09:03:49 CDT 2006

On 7/10/06, Eduardo Kienetz <eduardok at gmail.com> wrote:

> ahhhhhh, nevermind. Thought you were using two different apache config
> files for each application. Misunderstood it, sorry.

No problem:) I'm just as confused about the whole thing myself.

> So the KeepAliveTimeout you set was in the VirtualHost directive?

Actually, there is no VirtualHost directive. The application simply
runs on port 8889. The client uses a reverse proxy and a load balancer
to rewrite the URL. It's a pretty complex setup.

I simply modified the KeepAliveTimeout in the httpd.conf file. The
default value is 15, and they requested that I set it to 120 seconds.
It has something to do with the KeepAlive setting on the reverse proxy
being set to 60. They asked that I set it to something higher than 60.
When 70 didn't work, they said bump it up to 120. Then when that
didn't work, they said that the configuration would only apply to port
80, and not port 8889. While I disagree with them, we don't seem to
have anyone around here who knows enough about our own technical
architecture to answer the question.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications