[thelist] server maintenance

Dan McCullough dan.mccullough at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 09:07:43 CDT 2006

Does anyone know of companies that offer server maintenance, tuning,
monitoring and so on.  I remember seeing either here or another list
where there were a few out there, and I am having trouble finding
them.

<tip subject="MySQL ConCat" Author="Dan McCullough">
Grabbing a first and last name out of MySQL, why not let MySQL concat
those two fields together.  Simply concat them in the sql string.
SELECT CONCAT(fname, ' ', lname) as fullname FROM names WHERE ...
then get the field fullname, you can do this with other stuff as well,
typcial address lines where its city, state and zip, look at MySQL's
others functions and formating tools and let MySQL do some of the work
you were doing in PHP/ASP or other languages.
</tip>