[thelist] server maintenance

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Jul 11 11:54:29 CDT 2006

> From: Dan McCullough
> Does anyone know of companies that offer server maintenance, tuning,
> monitoring and so on.  I remember seeing either here or another list
> where there were a few out there, and I am having trouble finding
> them.

I've had good experiences with ServerWizards[0], albeit I used them for
their one-shot security service rather than ongoing maintenance.  They were
quick (the whole point I used them), communicative, and reasonably-priced.
Otherwise, GIYF[1].  On a related note, one member of thelist has a customer
service/tech support service (with US English speakers) that may be of use
to you[2].

[0] http://serverwizards.com/
[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=server+maintenance+service
[2] http://callcenters24x7.com/

<tip type="PHP Encoding on the Cheap" author="Max Schwanekamp">
If you want to encode key PHP scripts but don't want to outlay the initial
cost for encoding software, use Ioncube's online encoder.  You can encode
for literally dimes per script.  Keep in mind that encoding third-party
scripts may be a violation of licensing terms (check the license info), so
just use it for a few key files in your web app -- which makes using the
online compiler cost-effective and efficient.
http://www.ioncube.com/online_encoder.php
</tip>

--
Max Schwanekamp