[thelist] How to do a CSS based scrollable region?

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Jul 11 13:08:02 CDT 2006

> From: Jose Hurtado
> http://www.trumpetcom.com/cmeyer/bio.html
> If you are using Internet Explore in a PC, everything will
> look fine, the
> text scrolls nicely, and the site works.
> BUT if you use Firefox in a PC, or a Mac with Safari, it will
> not work at
> all... the scrollbars are gone, how can I make it that
> scrollbar work in all
> the major browsers?

You have an invalid comment in your CSS:
<!-- BIO local CSS below, Scrollbars and box visible in IE only, FF ignores
it -->
That's an HTML comment, not a CSS one, and is thus considered part of the
selector div#textbox.  Remove the comment, and FF will recognize the
selector as valid.

As for the scrollbar color, I've never bothered with it myself, so someone
else will have to answer that part.

PS - don't forget to validate.  Your XHTML document contains invalid
characters.

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/