[thelist] IE7 confuddlement

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Jul 13 23:09:02 CDT 2006

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Paul Bennett
: Subject: Re: [thelist] IE7 confuddlement
:
: >Start the Virtual Machine. Now you need to install an OS, so from the
: >menu, capture either your CD-ROM drive -or- capture an ISO image,
: >and install your OS.
:
: I thought 'it couldn't possibly be that easy', but here I am staring in
: disbelief at Novell Suse Linux 9 installing on my local machine while
: at the same time I continue working on XP.
:
: I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
:
: Thanks Ken, this product (MS Virtual PC) looks fantastic so far.

Unfortunately, there are no VPC extensions out-of-the-box for *nix
distributions. However, there are for Virtual Server 2005 R2, and from what I
hear, they work fine in VPC as well. That will give you measurably better
performance once you get the OS installed. Otherwise, you might be stuck with
4-bit colour etc :-(

Information on Additions for Linux
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/evaluation/linuxgu
estsupport/default.mspx

You will need an MS Passport to sign into the Connect website. You can always
sign up for a throw-away Hotmail/MSN/Yahoo/etc account to register for
Passport.

Cheers
Ken