[thelist] IE7 confuddlement

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Fri Jul 14 00:14:22 CDT 2006

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Paul Bennett
: Subject: Re: [thelist] IE7 confuddlement
:
: >Unfortunately, there are no VPC extensions out-of-the-box for *nix
: >distributions.
:
: Ah, is this (Linux support) where VMWare is a better choice then?

I would say so. VMWare Workstation is a superior product to VPC (it's newer,
and thus has more features). The next version of VPC is coming out in 2007
(or maybe end 2006). Unfortunately, VMWare Workstation costs.

: (For the record, my distribution install seemed to hang at about 2%,
: but it may have been a RAM & CPU access issue, as I kept on working
: merrily in XP.)

You might want to check this site: http://vpc.visualwin.com The maintainer
(Jonathon) keeps a very comprehensive lists of OSes and whether they work or
not under VPC (and what you need to do to get them installed, if anything)

Cheers
Ken