[thelist] video presentation

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Sun Jul 16 11:51:48 CDT 2006

I'm still testing the output produced from the converter that Christian
emailed (the link) for earlier this week.

As I continue to test variations which do work, it comes to mind that
once I incorporate it on a web page, assuming flash (.swf) that I don't
want it to automatically load.  What will likely happen is that I'll
create a list of available videos and give the viewer the option to
select one, probably also a choice to see a version/option for their
connection speed (modem, broadband).   I can make up a form in php.

Question: Once someone has opted to run a video, what is a standard way
to halt the program?  I would rather avoid JavaScript.  I was thinking
to make a "stop" link which would do nothing more than select a
different page or perhaps the previous page.

Is there a more standard, simple alternative?

-Bob