[thelist] problems with FTP

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Jul 17 18:22:26 CDT 2006

Hi,

Can you in c:\windows\minidump\ and locate the most recent file? Please email
that to me direct, and I will have a look into why you got a BSOD.

If you repeat what you were doing, do the problem occur again (i.e. is it
repeatable?)

Cheers
Ken

--
My IIS Blog: www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken
Tech.Ed Sydney: learn all about IIS 7.0 - See you there!

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Nan Harbison
: Sent: Tuesday, 18 July 2006 1:01 AM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: [thelist] problems with FTP
:
: Hello Evolters,
:
: Okay, this is weird. I was asked to take a look at and possibly fix a
: website that sells customized stuff. The owner is losing hundreds of
: dollars
: of sales because SOME of the orders are not getting through the system.
: I
: **think** the orders are just sent as an email to the owner. SO it
: should be
: fairly simple to send the contents of the form along in an email. I am
: on a
: PC running Windows XP using Dreamweaver 8. The files seem to all be htm
: and
: a few swf.
:
: I logged into the website and started to download all of the files on
: the
: website, and my computer completely crashed, I got the blue screen of
: death.
: It said something like I had a new driver on the computer which was not
: configured correctly. I had to shut down the computer the hard way. Not
: thinking this was related to downloading website files, I restarted and
: continued to download, I ended up doing this a few times and every
: single
: time the computer crashed. I decided it might be Dreamweaver's ftp,
: which is
: often a little flaky, so I used my very stable workhorse ftp program,
: Ipswitch's WS FTP, and the same thing happened. I then tried
: downloading the
: files on my backup computer, Windows XP home and Dreamweaver 4. I keep
: getting error messages that it couldn't get the file or the connection
: was
: lost or something.
: