[thelist] idea B: immediately save, remove "save" button. (was: Re: stupid user interface usability question: how to design a parallel set of pages that users with to click 'save' before going on)

张韡武 zhangweiwu at realss.com
Wed Jul 19 00:59:41 CDT 2006

Another colleague suggested on each text field, when its content is
changed, directly feedback the change to server using ajax technology,
and no longer provide 'save' or 'cancel' button. This I think is not
perfect too, as the user may get confused for the page violate
tradition, the user may worry they cannot find 'save' button. Also they
may play on the form without knowing their modification are saved.

Sometimes I think perhaps simply creatively re-shape the row of tabs
would result a user interface easy enough to use, for both first time
user and experienced users.

The design is also misleading because the 'save' button is placed
outside of the white-background content but is used to save the
white-background content. It should be placed inside. This is an design
fault but not directly related to the current topic.

在 2006-07-19三的 13:52 +0800,张韡武写道: