[thelist] mac os x question, photoshop problems

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Sat Jul 22 01:21:11 CDT 2006

hope this isn't TOO off-topic....

I suddenly cannot open photos in OSX (Tiger 10.4.6) photoshop or
iPhoto... HORRORS.
iPhoto just hangs on the rainbow wheel of death... photoshop gives this
error:

"The application 'Photoshop' could not be launched because of a shared
library error: "/ <application><CarbonLib><CFMPriv_CarbonSound><>"

Same thing comes up if I try to reinstall Photoshop.  It's Photoshop 7
and I cannot afford to upgrade right now... what do I do?????????

I will whither and DIE if I can't edit photos.  (was that overly dramatic?)

tia,

Erika

<tip type="mac music">
Audacity is cool recording freeware that lets you multi-track and you
can set it up to add effects, etc.
</tip>

*
*