[thelist] ASP Content Management WYSIWYG Editor Recommendation

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Sat Jul 22 15:10:51 CDT 2006

		   Classic ASP, or ASP.NET?  For the latter, I of course recommend FreeTextBox... and if you want to be more platform-independent, there's always FCKeditor...  very few WYSIWYG editors have any integrated functionality for Classic ASP, so it's really either full client-side or ASP.NET in most cases.

HTH,

Peter

				From: "Chris Dempsey" evolt at cubeit.co.uk

Can anyone recommend an ASP based Content Management module that provides
WYSIWYG functionality?

Would like to offer clients some basic functions like bold, link to url,
maybe some CSS classes from their sites stylesheet.

Have used CuteEditor and ACE content editor but they both produce sketchy
HTML - eg. paragraph tags and line breaks get mixed up and although the
WYSIWYG display looks ok when viewing the live site things turn out a little
different.

This is fine if you know HTML and can edit from the code view but this is
obviously not something our clients can do.

Anyone know of a solid ASP based system we can look at? Budget is in the
hundreds of $ not thousands and would prefer a developer license rather than
site license.

Thanks,

Chris.