[thelist] suckerfish menu doesn't work on all pages in IE

Bruce Gilbert webguync at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 18:47:13 CDT 2006

Hello,

I am working on a suckerfish navigation menu (don't have a URL I can
link to yet) but I am using the suckerfish approach with CSS and JS
demonstrated here on a list apart
http://alistapart.com/articles/horizdropdowns

works fine in Firefox of course, in IE it will only work on the home
page, but not on other pages ????

I am using the exact same CSS , XHTML and JS on all pages for the menu
code (it is in an include file), and have tried applying the JS
externally by linking and in the header of the page, with no luck.

Anybody else experience such issues?

the JS is:

startList = function() {
if (document.all&&document.getElementById) {
navRoot = document.getElementById("nav");
for (i=0; i<navRoot.childNodes.length; i++) {
node = navRoot.childNodes[i];
if (node.nodeName=="LI") {
node.onmouseover=function() {
this.className+=" over";
  }
  node.onmouseout=function() {
  this.className=this.className.replace»
   }
   }
  }
 }
}
window.onload=startList;

with an id on the ul called 'nav', so everything should work, but doesn't