[thelist] MySQL Batch File issues on Win2K3 server

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Thu Aug 3 08:47:32 CDT 2006

Anthony replied-

> No space between the -p and the supplied password...
>
> e.g. -pxxx
>
> --

Thanks Anthony, so simple I feel stupid. I reread the online MySQL
manual and found the same reference this morning after re-googling.

<tip type="MySQL" author="Ron">
Trying to import a CSV generated from output from an AS/400 or some
other source that includes column headers in the first line that you
don't want, using a Batch command? In MySQL, stripping the headers out
can be accomplished pretty easily by adding the following line:

-ignore-lines=N

OR

ignore N lines

Where N is the number of lines, from the beginning, to skip.
</tip>