[thelist] Any QuickTime experts out there?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 10:56:53 CDT 2006

I recently make my first iTunes purchase of some TV shows (Lost). My wife
and I sat down last night to watch them on the computer. The problem quickly
became apparent, the show was VERY dark. I played around with the
brightness/contrast on my monitor, but soon realized this was not really
having any effect on the movie itself. I cannot find anywhere within QT to
adjust it either.

I opened QT on its own instead of watching it in iTunes, and it seemed about
5% better, but that didn't really help. How can I adjust the brightness of
the movie so we can see what is going on? The scenes shot in the dark or at
night are the worst, you can hardly see anything at all.

I'm hoping the solution is not to buy QT Pro, I have purchased that twice in
the past couple years, and I hardly want to pay Apple again a 3rd time for
software I should already own. (I know, that's a separate rant).

Thanks

Tom