[thelist] (Salary Inquiry) C# Software Developer - San Diego, CA

Terry Hall recruiting_planet at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 15:48:18 CDT 2006

I'm trying to get some information regarding a search for a friend of mine.  I'm not sure what the going rate is for C# Software Developer in San Diego, but my friend who is a recruiter for a company is San Diego said they are trying to fill 2 of these roles and they are offering 60k. He thought they might have better luck in recruiting from the Seattle area, but since I typically don't work in the SW vertical, I didn't know what to tell him.  Can anyone tell me if this salary is competitive?  It seems low to me...am I wrong?

  He doesn't want to use a service, but since I'm doing independent work I won't be the best resource for him.  I'd like to put people in touch with him directly if anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be interested.  I'm not going to post his contact info or the company info here but will share it if you e-mail me directly.

  If I'm off base, let me know.  I typically focus on HR, Sales and F&A but joined this group a while back just to stay up with some relevant high tech pros such as yourselves!

  Thanks for any input!

  T. Hall
  Independent Recruiter
  Sales, Marketing, HR and F&A