[thelist] Spacing issue with EasyNav PHP

Ben Glassman bglassman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 11:06:06 CDT 2006

Hey all,

I am currently working on a site where I am using Christian Heilmann's
EasyNav PHP[1] to highlight the current navigation point and with strong
elements, and remove the link.

The problem I am running into is that in IE 6 the size of the current
navigation point is changing. It appears the height, line-height, padding,
or margins are increasing on the element and pushing the elements below it
down. I tried reseting the padding margins line-height and height, but it
doesn't seem to work.

One thing I am doing which possibly has something to do with it is using a
span inside of the list item with display set to block as a means to indent
the navigation text (something that usually I would do with padding, but was
trying to avoid box model issues and IE 5 didn't work with the text-indent
property).

I am wondering if this is some kind of a white space bug in IE, but I've
tried removing all white space from the ordered list and it didn't fix the
problem.

Any insight into what could be causing this in IE 6 would be great.

The site is located at http://www.vtdesignworks.com/clients/kidsflysafe/

The relevant CSS file is
http://www.vtdesignworks.com/clients/kidsflysafe/css/navigation.css

The navigation file is located at
http://www.vtdesignworks.com/clients/kidsflysafe/includes/navigation.html

[1] http://www.onlinetools.org/tools/easynav/

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this

Ben