[thelist] Streaming video

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Wed Aug 9 17:46:23 CDT 2006

Pierre-Henri Lavigne wrote:
> About flash, the flash plugin version 7 is minimum required to read .flv or
> something like this. The version 7 is still beta with most unix
> distributions.

Some small datapoints here:
--  Adobe Flash Player 6+ support Sorenson video codec. (NPD audit 97%
consumer viewability, April 2006.)
--  Adobe Flash Player 8+ also support On2 ("Duck") codec. (70% consumer
viewability, April 2006.)
--  Adobe Flash Player for Linux is at v7 (not beta), with v9 expected
towards the turn of the year. (v9 for Mac & Win were released last month.)