[thelist] SpamAssassin Comments Needed

Sarah Adams mrsanders at designshift.com
Thu Aug 10 07:52:11 CDT 2006

> It's been so reliable that I have set my email client to
> automatically delete anything it flags.  It's never given me any
> reason to suspect a false reading.

I'd also highly recommend using SpamAssassin, and I trust it enough to
automatically delete messages it marks as spam, although I wouldn't set
my threshold for this quite as low as 5 points. I've been using it for a
couple of years now and it's had a (very) few false positives, mostly on
newsletters, and those were just over the 5-point threshold (I wouldn't
have missed them, though). But I had one very important email that got
over 6 points - an email from a bookstore letting me know a friend had
bought me a gift certificate. I've since set my threshold to 7 points :)

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer