[thelist] Removing previous posts from thelist archives.

Jose Hurtado jlhurtado at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 09:54:46 CDT 2006

Amanda,

Even if your site was spidered... a quick but imperfect solution would be
this:

- Remove the page from your webserver
- Publish it somewhere else
- Create a robots.txt in your web server telling the googlebot indexer to
NOT index that, more info on this here:
http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html
- Ask Google to remove that page from their index... it will take a while,
but they might actually do it, they actually tell you HOW:
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35301&topic=8459

OK done, take a Pina Colada and relax... nothing is worth the stress of a
small mistake, move on, and remember robots.txx are generally our friends,
be aware of them though ; )

Best Regards,

Jose L. Hurtado
Web Designer / IT Professional