[thelist] Removing previous posts from thelist archives.

Sarah Adams mrsanders at designshift.com
Fri Aug 11 11:10:17 CDT 2006

> I think the best way is to have a dev site where you can send people.
> 99% of the time, it's not a problem with content, so use the same
> code with dummy content, that way Google doesn't make a link between
> the client and your question.

Another precaution you can take is to simply make sure you don't say
anything bad about a client in a post - that way even if a post does get
associated with the client name somehow, they have nothing to complain
about.

Keep in mind that if you're using *your own* name/domain on thelist, any
current or prospective client or employer could find your posts on a
search of your name/domain. You don't want to come across as
unprofessional, particularly in a career-related list like this.

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer