[thelist] tags philosophy

Bernardo Escalona-Espinosa escalonab at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 13:44:51 CDT 2006

Hello list!

I am now planning to add the "tags" functionality to my site. If you
don't know what I mean, every post in my blog will have a couple of
tags - keywords - at the bottom, representing the main topics handled
in that single post. Users then will be able to click on a given tag
in order to find all the posts which have that tag.

I have now three questions and I know the answers will mostly depend
on the personal preference of each one, but I want to read some
oppinions and some reasons justifying a given preference.

1) Space-separated one-word keywords, or comma-separated multi-word keywords?

2) Amount of keywords per post: quality over quantity, or quality over quantity?

3) How much do users actually use the tags on blogs? Less than in
Picture galleries?

I'd appreciate your participation in the discussion!

Berns