[thelist] tags philosophy

Bernardo Escalona-Espinosa escalonab at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 14:28:02 CDT 2006

> From: "Lee kowalkowski" <lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com>
> > 1) Space-separated one-word keywords, or comma-separated multi-word keywords?
>
> How about space-separated multi-word keywords?  Think about it, your
> tags are links, underline the links, hey presto...  Best of both
> worlds, very flexible.
>
> > 2) Amount of keywords per post: quality over quantity, or quality over quantity?
>
> Quality please.
>
> > 3) How much do users actually use the tags on blogs? Less than in
> > Picture galleries?
>
> Probably depends on the quality of the tags and the type of blog.
>
> --
> LK

Thanks for the feedback! Looks like once again I failed to start an
interesting discussion on the list.

Anyway, I think I will use one-word tags, and as many as possible
(within reasonable limits). I think having redundant tags is better
than searching for a tag and not finding posts/pictures/whatever that
have an almost identical tag.