[thelist] question concerning c# dynamically changingwhatisinapicturebox

Chris Marsh thelist at cjmarsh.com
Tue Aug 15 20:05:26 CDT 2006

Lasuras

> This is a practice piece. I've got an eleven floor elevator
> (0-10), and an
> image for each floor. This routine tests to see if the floor
> has an elevator
> car on it. If it does, it inserts a picture of an elevator.
> If it doesn't,
> it uses a picture of elevator cables. I am doing this as part of a
> portfolio, so I want it to LOOK cute, too!

Your method CloseDoor() in the file Form1.cs needs changing. One solution is
as follows (see code). Caveat: the variable imagePath requires a valid path
to a file, otherwise an exception will be thrown on the following line.

private void CloseDoor()
{
    for (I = 0; i < 10; i++)
    {
      string imgPath = myElevator.CloseElevatorDoor(i).ToString();
      Bitmap bgImage = new Bitmap(imgPath);
      pbxFloor0.BackgroundImage = bgImage;
    }
}

You could contract this to a single line as follows, but I've left it as
three lines in the interests of clarity.

pbxFloor0.BackgroundImage = new
Bitmap(myElevator.CloseElevatorDoor(i).ToString());

Let me know if this solves your problem!

HTH

--
Regards

Chris Marsh