[thelist] Marking a site as "sensitive" but not "adult"

Dominick Cancilla dominick.cancilla at buckconsultants.com
Wed Aug 16 15:10:09 CDT 2006

I have a client Web site at http://www.revisionistphotos.com that features
artwork based on Holocaust photographs. Not exactly happy stuff.

My client has vague memories of meta tag that you can use to mark sensitive
content for the search engines. He doesn't want to mark the content as
"adult" (because it's not porn and he doesn't want to be blocked by
libraries and such), just not for kids.

Any ideas? Or is it even worth trying to do something like this? My guess
would be that any tag that marked something as not for kids will be
interpreted as labeling porn by some page-blocking service somewhere or
other.

Thanks for the advice!

--Dominick