[thelist] "Hover-overs"

Rob Smith rob.smith at lexjet.com
Fri Aug 18 08:10:13 CDT 2006

I've had two requests this past week to see if it could be done, but I'm
thing to come up with a clever easy way without using Flash. The request
is to take an image and when you hover your mouse over a certain area, a
popup dialog comes up and gives a short description of the area you're
performing the hover-over. My initial comment would be to simply add an
image map-with nonclickable regions, filling the tool tip with the
description at hand. That seems like it'll work but you only have 5
seconds to read it despite the fact that it's in a crummy little
non-customizable yellow box.

Comstock.com has a neat "larger image" feature with text that I'm sure
is accomplished with css and js, but I fear it's an all or nothing on
the hover-over.

Got any examples?

Rob Smith
LexJet