[thelist] Which Free Opensource AJAX Framework is worth the time and effort?

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 07:16:58 CDT 2006

On 8/20/06, sam foster <potatosculptor at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I was just doing ajax dev for myself, or a nicely contained
> end-point kind of site or application, I would choose Yui.
> .. but I'm not, so I really need the extra extensibility, package
> system and overall commitment I get from Dojo that it will take me as
> far as I need to go, and play nice with others. Along the way I get
> some nice goodies like the superb event system, lotsa widgets,
> client-side storage api, browser backbutton / undo support,
> environment agnostic codebase (doesnt assume a browser - nice for unit
> tests and other automation) etc.
> Dojo is very much commercial-friendly open source btw.

I almost feel like you accidentally typed "Dojo" every time you meant
to type "YUI." YUI is attempting to be an OS platform, not an ajax
library or a library of widgets. I strongly suggest you take another
look at YUI, because it sounds to be exactly what you're looking for.
Oh, and it's BSD license, by the way.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA