[thelist] input type="image" vs. input type="button"

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 16:26:57 CDT 2006

> This is probably because input type="image" is (with a few small differences) the same as input type="submit".
>    If you're using Javascript anyway, I'd suggest putting a plain old image tag in there or a div with an image inside) and catching the onclick event on that element instead.

No, just simply and utterly no. You just cannot rely on JavaScript
being available and an image without a link around it wouldn't even be
keyboard accessible.

It is really not that hard to make JavaScript enhanced forms, but it
is really impossible to get any sense of accessibility into framework
or IDE providers when we keep offering quick shot solutions like this
one.