[thelist] Testing with IE6 when IE7 is installed.

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Thu Aug 24 16:09:48 CDT 2006

Hi there,

Just a warning - this* will _kind of_ install IE7 without removing  IE6 but the implementation is awful.
My experience (and yes, I did follow the instructions to the letter) was that it gave you a basic rendering install with no bookmark support, inconsistent and buggy popup blocker and the entire browser was very unstable.

Their beta 3 distributed by Microsoft is far better (no, I'm no MS fanboy)- it's a real, fully functional browser and it also allows you to uninstall it via add/remove programs and get your old IE6 install back.

Not optimal for testing, but it works in a pinch.

VMWare / Virtual PC may be a better idea.

Paul

* http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/04/test-internet-explorer-7-without.html