[thelist] PHP MVC framework recommendations

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Tue Aug 29 06:35:35 CDT 2006

Paul Bennett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've started looking at Ruby on Rails and am impressed with what I've found.
> At this stage, it's unlikely that we could get Ruby installed her at work, so I'm looking at other (PHP) options.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good PHP MVC framework? I've looked at CakePHP but the project feels quite 'immature' and the documentation / tutorials are of dubious (but improving) quality.

I would strongly recommend you look again AND join the mailing list and
ask some questions about these issues. Neither of your impressions I
feel are necessarily accurate. I am a satisfied user of CakePHP, and I
invested some research (on two occasions) into other options and both
times, ended up with Cake.

Hershel

--
Web Site Construction by Gallery Robinson
http://galleryrobinson.com/