[thelist] PHP HTTP Fetch and IE VBScript

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Thu Aug 31 13:42:20 CDT 2006

A programmer on my team reported first thusly:

====
Some part of the day was also spent in researching creating an OO
wrapper for cURL which we have deemed as not worth the effort and
instead we will use one of the Open Source HTTP client classes.
====

This system is being coded in CakePHP and must be strictly OO (PHP5).

So then he said:

====
- Worked on getting CSV file from bacons.com using httpClient library.
- The step 4 of login page contains javascript and vbscript code which
runs only if page accesses from web browser (vbscript runs only in
Internet Explorer). So we cannot continue further.
====

This is all the information I have thus far on this. Before I am forced
to delve into the details of this problem myself, does anyone have a
solution or advice for this situation? bacons.com is indeed the third
party site. We are trying to automate the data fetching process from
that site.

Thanks,
Hershel

--
Web Site Construction by Gallery Robinson
http://galleryrobinson.com/