[thelist] Ajax - Which one to learn on?

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 10:10:35 CDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Chris Ditty <cditty at gmail.com> wrote:

> As someone that has an interest in Ajax ...

> In you guys opinions, which is the best one to use?  I'm currently leaning
> towards Flex for the tutorials and future chance of business uses.

Flex isn't AJAX -- it's Flash-based and uses ActionScript in the client
with several built-in remote data options (SOAP, REST, and a binary
AMF format). As long as you're OK with the Flash requirement and
the licensing scheme, though, you can do some cool stuff with it :-)

Unfortunately, there's no Flash 9 Player yet for Linux, which Flex 2.0
requires, so my experimentation is on hold until that's released...

FWIW!
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com