[thelist] Chinese Cyber Wall

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Tue Sep 12 14:10:58 CDT 2006

A client for whom I am rebuilding an e-commerce site wrote to me thusly:

=====
I just realized that our website is not accessible in China. So
something else to consider is that the new website should be accessible
by China - the largest market in the world.
=====

The site is not on the surface anything that anyone would really be
worried about--they sell laboratory supplies. Along the lines of a test
tube vendor. I suppose perhaps there could be competition in China, but
anyhow this client wants to make the site available there. The client
indeed has one customer in China who tried and failed to view the
site--they instead purchased based on the printed catalog plus images
emailed to them.

So does anyone have any pointers on how to make the site available in China?

Thanks,
Hershel

--
Web Site Construction by Gallery Robinson
http://galleryrobinson.com/