[thelist] US Judge rules that ADA applies to websites

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 15:27:09 CDT 2006

On 9/12/06, alan herrell - the head lemur <headlemur at lemurzone.com> wrote:
> also anytime you reduce costs, you increase profitability on the revenue
> you do generate.

Obviously.

> Can you also be absolutely sure that your client  has not hired somebody
> with a challenge, under the anti-discrimination and ADA statutes?

No. This is why we are required to be ADA compliant.

The point of my emails is related to a thread I started a week or so ago:
http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20060904/184950.html

It's a big conflict... we are hired to increase productivity, but are
severely limited in what solutions we can provide. The advice I have
received is "stay away from AJAX/dom", but I'm convinced there is a
way to do this in an accessible manner. In fact, I have a 75%-complete
presentation describing just this.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA