[thelist] Time Triggered AJAX in ASP.NET 2.0

Rob Smith rob.smith at lexjet.com
Wed Sep 13 12:07:41 CDT 2006

Yes yes... all the hype is to have new data without refreshing the page,
but I feel like I am missing one key piece to make this happen. I'm
using ASP.NET 2.0 (VBScript), Atlas in Visual Studio 2005, and SQL
Server 2005. I have a quick report that shows sales performance by
region for the whole company. In the existing model, it uses Javascript
settimeout timers to force refresh the page in a Classic ASP/SQL Server
2k setting.. I'd like to do the same in AJAX without a complete page
refresh in the new ASP.NET 2.0 model.

So far I've got four drop downs (Time, Who, Type of $, and Region) all
of which are AJAX enabled. I can select any one of the drop downs to
view different sales numbers and it works great. The last piece is to
set a trigger for a time interval (i.e. every 5 seconds). How is this
accomplished?

Rob Smith
LexJet
rob.smith at lexjet.com