[thelist] correct use of alt and title attributes

Jono jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Mon Sep 18 11:48:33 CDT 2006

> I am looking for a summary that describes the correct use of alt and
> title in relation to standards, accessibility and search engine
> optimization.

Another option (in some situations) is the long description and the [D]
link - both not widely supported, but then again, title is not very well
supported consistently either.

      ALT, Long Description, D-Link:

*http://tinyurl.com/zyf5x

 - -

*

      Creating Accessible Images:

*http://tinyurl.com/qp4hv*
*
 - - **

*

      Long Description example from W3c:

*http://tinyurl.com/o788o
Show a good example of what you can/should include in a description.
**
 - -

I am not certain of the extensiveness of agent support, but it's
something to think about.  I like the [D] link option - this could
replace the "offleft" (negative margin to hide, etc.) option.
**
*