[thelist] ASP.NET: adding controls to a placeholder

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Thu Sep 21 16:17:25 CDT 2006

   I'd just add runat="server" to the td, along with an ID, and use that to designate where to drop the ddl.  You might have to climb the control tree to get to the cell, but it should be doable.

Peter

				From: "Casey Crookston" caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com

We're building a page that ask a questions about products (shirts) being
returned to a manufacturer. First, the user is asked, "How many items
will be returned." Based on the number they enter into the textbox, x,
we need to now repeat this code x times:

Size:	 	 color:

Then we need to populate each dropdown with data from the database (this
I should be able to handle). The part I can't figure out is how to
repeat that set of code x times. Of course a simple for next loop would
do the repeating part. I've created a place holder on the page. I can
add the html (

etc...) with literal controls, and I can even add
the dropdowns. But... how do I add the dropdowns at just the right
location? (inside the
's)

Am I overlooking something obvious?

Casey