[thelist] load a web page after video finishes?

jason.handby jason.handby at corestar.co.uk
Fri Sep 22 09:27:53 CDT 2006

Hi Matt,

> Hello everyone,
>    Is there a video format (ideally a streaming format) that
> allows me to call a URL when the video is finished - or at a
> specific time within the presentation? I've got a
> presentation that students are required to watch, and sign a
> statement agreeing to follow it afterwards. My current
> solution is to scroll the URL to the form about 98% of the
> way through the video, but if I can do it automatically that
> would work better.

You can do this using Windows Media Player, adding javascript to the
page to handle the playStateChange event to detect when the video
finishes playing. (Should work with any video type that Windows Media
Player supports.)

  http://www.mioplanet.com/rsc/embed_mediaplayer.htm

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmplay1
0/mmp_sdk/playerplaystatechange.asp