[thelist] asp.net - exporting sql results with query/comments

cj distro.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 15:50:50 CDT 2006

what i'm trying to do is allow our support staff to speed up their
query running.  currently they have a folder of txt and sql files that
they need to run on a certain database (which is different for
different support staff).  right now they open one of these txt/sql
files, open sql studio, copy the query from the txt/sql file, paste it
into sql studio, run the query, export the results, open the results,
and paste the query into the results file.  rinse and repeat for every
txt/sql file in the folder.

i started with a demo from code project [1] and have gotten most of
the functionality i need done, but i'm stuck on how to export the
query and the query comments to the cvs file along with the results.
having the query and query comments in the exported file is a biggy,
but all i can do with the demo code is export results only.

would anyone be able to guide me in the right direction to tweak the
demo from code project to allow the query and comments to be exported
along with the results?  i'll be up front and admit i'm not that great
at c# or sql, so if there's a better way to do what i need that i
wasn't able to find, i'm all ears and would appreciate knowing what it
is.  i'm not opposed to starting over if it means i can get the query
and comments exported.

[1] http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ExportClassLibrary.asp