[thelist] updating skillset (long rambling request for advice, vague or specific)

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Sep 25 19:42:30 CDT 2006

> look into Atlas

is there more to Atlas than a tool for building Ajax stuff? I realize
that may be an oversimplification, but if Atlas is to Ajax
[approximately] as DreamWeaver is to XHTML, I'd rather learn the source
than the tool.

not looking to start a range war; just curious if I'm missing something.

and, if it makes a difference, one of my goals is steady movement toward
platform-independence. I *am* currently rather Microsoft-centric, and
while that's probably useful over the next decade, I want to build the
skills necessary so I'm ready when OS2 comes back ;)

thanks again for the feedback.

joel