[thelist] Alternatives to IFrames?

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 13:43:40 CDT 2006

On 10/4/06, Rickards, Julian (NDM) <julian.rickards at ontario.ca> wrote:

> Does not Gmail use Iframes? If so, they seem to be relatively stable in
> FF, IE6 and Opera.

GMail uses Iframes as an proxy between client and server afaik. It does not
use it to display content. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Using IFRAMES as an AJAX stub is stable. Using them as a content placeholder
often leads to severe usability and accessibility problems, even if they are
stable (which I cannot precisely comment on because I've not been doing
Frame-based development for years for obvious reasons -- other than
stability)

Cheers,
--
Volkan Ozcelik