[thelist] Printing from Flash (exe) without confirmation

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Wed Oct 4 18:41:56 CDT 2006

Ben Joyce wrote:
> Does anyone know if it possible to print directly from a Flash
> (compiled as an executable) without getting a print confirmation
> dialog (in Windows) ?

In the browser, no... the computer's owner has to consent to the
printing before it will happen.

But in a standalone, it depends on the standalone shell you're using, I
think... on Windows, the Adobe Flash Player is delivered as an ActiveX
Control, and other applications can invoke this control. It seems
possible to do a printscreen at screen resolution (rather than Flash's
vectors), where the Player would never know that its content was piped
to a printer.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd