[thelist] Saving PDFs

dwain.alford at gmail.com dwain.alford at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 16:31:05 CDT 2006

John Dowdell wrote:
> Rickards, Julian (NDM) wrote:
>> I know that you can't save partly-completed PDF
>> forms if you have only Acrobat Reader and I know that I can save
>> partly-completed PDF forms in Acrobat 7 Pro but I don't know if a user
>> of Acrobat 7 Standard can.
>

> The basic distinction is that the free Adobe Reader is a reader, with
> some collaborative abilities (commenting, etc), while Acrobat (either
> Standard or Professional) is a creation tool. Acrobat users can set
> permissions on documents they create for varying tasks done in the free
> Reader.

to my understanding forms can be saved in reader if the "sender" has the
server extensions in place for this to happen.  several years ago i was
doing research for a real estate company to put their forms in pdf
format so they could be filled out online or in the office and saved for
later printing when necessary.

what i found out was for this to happen you had to purchase a package
from adobe that cost several thousand dollars.  needless to say the real
estate company passed on the idea.

dwain