[thelist] Saving PDFs

Julian Rickards julian.rickards at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 20:13:27 CDT 2006

Just for clarification, I work for the Ontario (Canada) Ministry of Northern
Development and Mines. In fact it doesn't matter which ministry I work for
because the government has centralized all PDF forms for all ministries on a
single eforms site and we don't make the forms, they do (which causes great
delays in correcting or updating them).

All that aside, we have some clients who often use the same forms multiple
times and would like to store partly completed forms on their hard drive for
later reuse. All of our forms are to be mailed or faxed, we don't have the
functionality to have the data submitted to a server.

Regarding the Acrobat matrix, I seem to have read that saving a form from
Reader is possible if Acrobat (the creator) has enabled this functionality.
I haven't looked into this and won't be able to until my extra-long weekend
(Friday plus Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend) is done and I return to work on
Tuesday.

Jules

--
Website: http://jrickards.ca