[thelist] Inexpensive Flash editors that won't mess with existing functionality

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Sun Oct 8 00:41:32 CDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 08:02 -0700, Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com)
wrote:
> Speaking of FAQs...
>
>     A client of a friend is looking for a way to update things like
>  contact info and images within their Flash site (
>  http://tinyurl.com/jzmjy ).  Their first thought was that they needed
>  a web developer -- which may be the best way to go -- but I was
>  wondering if anyone could recommend some easy-to-use editor that won't
>  cripple or mess up the existing content.

This is going to be hard to nearly impossible to do. This is exactly why
one should not put everything in a Flash movie (and it is more properly
called a Flash movie instead of a Flash site).

My advice is start over with HTML and CSS, which are designed to be
platform-independent and will work even on platforms that Adobe doesn't
think it's in their best interest to support.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>