[thelist] Anyone using hCalendar microformat?

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Mon Oct 9 15:32:06 CDT 2006

Anyone using the hCalendar microformat to mark up their calendar of events? If so, I have some questions.

I have a test implementation that is working just fine, but I'm wondering how the users are supposed to discover and use the information. From what I can tell, a user would need some sort of plug-in for a browser like Firefox to discover the hCalendar events and do the exporting for them, or I could provide my own ICS files for their use.

So, I'm wondering if anyone is using hCalendar and creating their own ICS files from it  (preferably in PHP) that I could look at as an example, or see it running live via a link? I know about the converter run by Brian Suda, but I'm looking to do this on my own, creating my own ICS files and providing a link next to the event for exporting/importing into the user's calendar app.

Ron