[thelist] Apache Virtual Hosting Help

Steve Clason stevec at topdogstrategy.com
Tue Oct 17 21:22:31 CDT 2006

Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> And that is the correct (new) IP for the box? And all those vhosts are
> correctly mapped to that IP in your DNS?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this. Yes, that is the correct,
new IP for the box. I haven't mapped those vhosts to the IP address--I
never did before and I don't really know what that means.

> Earlier you said you get the "default  Fedora/Apache" page -- where
> is that located in the file system? It's hard to imagine how at least the
> "TopDog" default server main page wouldn't be showing up.

The "default Fedora/Apache page" is like this one (this one is not on my
server, just an example):

http://staff.iiu.edu.my/mnizam/

It resides above the server root: that is, the directories for the
vhosted sites are in /var/www/html/dev1, /var/www/html/dev2 and so on,
the error page is in /var/www/error/noindex.html. There is, by the way,
an index.html in /var/www/html that never shows up.

I'm beginning to think I've borked the network configuration rather than
the Apache configuration.

--
Steve Clason
Boulder, Colorado, USA